We’re looking for an office manager to join our team. While the primary role is administrative, there is scope to use your skills and extend the role into other areas such as marketing.
BTW – we have an amazing new website coming soon, so don’t be put off by the old one!
email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
This role is responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and to support the work of management and other staff. This position will perform administrative and office support activities for the team. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and direction visitors, word processing, creating and maintaining spreadsheets amongst other activities. Extensive software, skills, internet research abilities and strong communication skills are required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheets, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Sort incoming mail for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail and parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases (ie. VISIO diagrman)
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
Assisting with financial management
- Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements
- Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures
- Process accounts receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup
- Administer petty cash according to established procedures
- Assist with financial reports as required
- Month end duties as required
Provide broad support
- Run a daily ticket briefing – triaging and escalating as necessary
- Weekly audit of infrastructure change to customers (ie. Webroot and Manage Protect licenses that have been supplied to customers)
- Following up with team to ensure all hours worked are logged on timesheets
- Running various weekly reports (ie. Labtech report looking at tickets accumulated verse tickets completed, Date charging)
- Compiling and actioning general expenses and reimbursements
- Chair weekly team WIP, preparing meeting agenda and supporting material for distribution
- Create action list for staff from meetings
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.